Friday, August 27, 2010

BREAKING. Inside Out on the eNews Channel changing its format; stepping out of the studio.


You're reading it here first.

The weekly magazine show Inside Out with Pat Pillai on the eNews Channel (DStv 403) that just celebrated its 100th episode this past Saturday, is undergoing a format change from tomorrow.

I asked e.tv days ago for more information about what the format change will actually entail, but just like most local South African TV productions who hardly ever respond to enquiries, or too late (and then wonder why South African TV writers and journalists covering television ''always write about the American shows'') I cannot tell you more about the changes coming to Inside Out although I would dearly love to. So far e.tv hasn't responded. I asked for more information, and what I wanted to know exactly 8 minutes after I was made aware that Inside Out will be changing. It's now days later and still nothing.

What I can tell you is that Inside Out in its usual Saturday morning timeslot of 09:30 will ''put on a brand new jacket'' - whatever that means, that the show interviewing personalities will have ''a new look'', and that Inside Out will ''step out of the studio''. Whether this ''step out of the studio'' is a once off, or part of the permanent format change . . . hell, not even I know that. And believe me . . . I've tried.

ALSO READ: Inside Out celebrates its 100th episode on the eNews Channel.